Screen Sharing with Yosemite (OS X) Messages
The Messages app in Apple's Yosemite OS X can be used to connect two
Macs running Yosemite. Follow the steps below to allow CTI to remotely view and
then control your Mac to provide tech support for CTI Navigator.
- Contact CTI Tech Support and give them the email
address associated with your Apple ID.
- When available, CTI will send you a text message on your Mac followed by
a prompt to Accept or Decline allowing CTI Support (email@example.com) to View your screen
(You can click on this image to enlarge it.)
- Click Accept.
- Click on the Screen Share icon (
overlapping-screens) at the top of your desktop screen.
- Select "Allow CTI Support to control my screen"
. (Click on this image to enlarge it.)
Note: CTI's email address associated with our Mac is "firstname.lastname@example.org".
Following are detail instructions for the operator of the Mac (normally CTI)
who will be controlling the other Mac (usually your Mac) through Yosemite's
- Contact CTI Tech Support and provide them with the email address
associated with your Apple ID.
- CTI will Launch the Messages app
on their Mac
- CTI will send you a text message (which is required to establish a
- CTI will click on "Details" button in the upper right corner of
the Messages screen,
- select the Screen Share icon ()
- select "Ask to Share Screen"
(Click on this image to enlarge it.)
- A message to "Accept" or "Decline" screen sharing with CTI will display
on your desktop screen.
- Click Accept in the prompt message. This allows CTI to "view"
your screen, but not to control your computer.
- Click the Screen Share icon
at the top of the desktop screen and select "Allow CTI Support to control
Note: Screen sharing in Messages is independent of screen-sharing settings in
System Preferences. You can share screens using Messages even when Screen
Sharing is deselected in the Sharing pane of System Preferences.
Back to the top of this web page
Related articles and Internet links:
To return to CTI's on-line menu of Help & Tutorials for CTI
Navigator, click here or
use the back arrow at the top of your Internet browser.
To go directly to CTI's menu of Error Fixes, click