Quick Screen Share
Quick Screen Share is a free cross-platform web app that can be used to
establish a peer-to-peer connection
through an Internet browser on or between Windows, Mac or Linux computers
without involving any third party server. No
registration or special software download is required, although your browser must have
the Java plug-in installed. (Click here to
install Java if it is not already installed on your computer. Do not
install the optional "Ask Toolbar" if it is offered.)
To allow CTI Tech Support to connect to your
computer using Quick Screen Share (QSS), follow these steps:
- Open your email program
- Click on the web link in CTI's message
- Click OK at the message, "CTI would like
to see your screen".
- Click Run at the prompt, "Do you want to
run this application?" - Screen Recorder [by Big Nerd
Software, LLC > Location:
- CTI's blue box cursor will appear on the "Sharing
- Click the Allow button at the query ,"CTI
would like to share control of your mouse and keyboard?"
- CTI's cursor will change color from blue to
red, and will now be able to control your
computer the same as you.
- On the black QSS control bar at the bottom right of
your screen, you can:
- Click the Pause button to temporarily
suspend screen sharing with CTI
- Click the Done button to end the screen
sharing session and completely disconnect from CTI.
To create a Quick Screen Share (QSS) session, follow these steps:
- Go to
- Under "What do you want to share?" select "Your Screen"
- Enter your Name. This name will display when you connect to CTI.
- Click the Start button.
- Note: if Java is not installed and enabled on
your computer, a connection code cannot be created so "Starting Up..."
will never complete. If this happens, stop or refresh the screen. Then
check for Java in the plug-ins on your computer. (Click here to
install Java if it is not already installed on your computer.)
- If prompted by your computer's security, click Trust, Run
or Always Allow, whichever option is offered.
- QSS will display a special one-time use link. Click the Copy
button to place the link in your computer's clipboard.
- Open your preferred Email program:
- When CTI receives and clicks on the link you sent, grant permission for
a connection by clicking the Start button.
- A countdown (3-2-1) will display while the link is being established
between your computer's browser and CTI's computer browser. Once
established, CTI's cursor will appear as a "Remote User" box on your screen,
and Pause or Done buttons will appear near the bottom of your screen.
- At a prompt "Remote User would like to share control of your mouse and
keyboard", click the Allow button.
Back to the top of this web page
Related articles and Internet links:
To return to CTI's on-line menu of Help & Tutorials for CTI
Navigator, click here or
use the back arrow at the top of your Internet browser.
To go directly to CTI's menu of Error Fixes, click